Opening your own Salon. 4 Start up tips and ideas to help you succeed.
So you have finally decided that your ready and the thoughts of designing the life you love , doing what you love, working your own hours and providing for your family is here. Opening your own salon starts here.
If you have been following our blogs you know we take business seriously and preparation and planning is vital to opening a sustainable business. After all you don’t want to be one of the 80% of new businesses that close in the first year, right ? Your business is going to start strong and grow , be sustainable , exciting and a place you enjoy being every day.
So let’s look at a few start up pointers to think about for your new beauty salon.
- Choose the right name. Have you thought about a name that is also a google search term ? For example we named Gold Coast Beauty College as Gold Coast Beauty College as it is a search that people use when searching for beauty courses.
- Register your business with www.asic.gov.au You can also search ASIC website for your chosen business name to ensure that it is not already registered.
- Write that business plan, its so important and can be just a few pages about who you are what you do, what you are going to achieve and some research you have done. You have checked out the competitors haven’t you ? Remember for insurance you may be asked what qualifications you have so its best to ensure you have nationally recognised training approved by the Australian Government. Step by step business plan guides will be available at our 2020 Beauty Retreat.
- You have opened a business bank account, remember to keep your business money separate from your personal money. That way you can keep your accounts in order and pay yourself weekly.
So there is 4 small tips to help get you started. Don’t forget Gold Coast Beauty College is hosting our annual Beauty Retreat in February 2020 and we will be providing our guests with detailed information on starting, running and succeeding in your salon business. This is the not to be missed event of 2020 and places are filling fast. Secure your place here https://yourbeautybiz.co/#tickets
During our retreat we will also have a special offer for our guests to upgrade their Beauty Diplomas. So much value is jam packed into this weekend. Remember investing in yourself is the greatest investment you will make and of course has the added value of being fully tax deductible.
- Gold Coast Beauty College
- 0 comments